Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Jesselle's Portrait Session


Wedding Flowers by Emily does flowers AND photography! 

I had so much fun during this shoot! Jesselle was awesome to work with and I think we got some great photos. One of my favorite parts about the whole experience was looking at the progression of photos after the shoot. When I looked at the first 25 or so photos, Jesselle was standing how she normally would for a snapshot with friends. After coaching and teaching her about how to stand/where to shift your weight/how to tilt your head etc, the photos got progressively better and better. By the end of the photo shoot, we were out of natural light but I wanted to go back to all the spots we took photos at and see how she would do now that she knew how to correctly pose. She was a pro by the end of it all! The last 25 photos I took don't even compare to the first 25 I took.

I absolutely love coaching the person I'm taking photos of about how to stand/tilt their head/move their hands etc so that they look their absolute best. It's taken a lot of research, talking to professional models, and watching lots of modeling tutorials but it has certainly paid off! As a photographer, you can't just expect people to show up and know how to pose correctly. If you take the time to learn how to coach someone properly, the photos will be 100x better.












No comments:

Post a Comment